Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Today I Googled Snot Nosed Little Brats


Google, why are children always so repulsively snotty?

Gross. Kids are more germ ridden than the iconic newspaper covered homeless man passed out amidst the garbage piles on the streets of Manhattan. Okay for the first time in his seemingly effortless life, someone is going to give this dude some credit and that someone is me. I mean at least hobo Pete (best I could do on the name) doesn’t just go around putting any smooth, round, or shiny object in his mouth or forget that he has the dexterity to solve the oozing puss problem that is discharging from every orifice of his face. Wait no… this is a very unfair comparison now that I think about it. I mean, granted these are all merely assumptions made about the implicit hobo Pete, but he seemingly has the capacity to reason, express, and employ the motor skills necessary to find resolution to these sorts of problems (AT LEAST on some sort of fundamental level). So….perhaps a more appropriate comparison would be to a cocker spaniel. Just kidding! Kinda….. hmmm that is a whole different issue and would be really fun to explore (children vs cocker spaniels). BUT anyway, I Googled why children are always so gross and snotty, most people say their low immune system (not exciting) and although true there are many underlying factors behind it. Item one being the fact that they can’t keep their grubby little fingers off of all nouns. They are always touching things and, as previously addressed, putting things in their mouths and this sometimes causes bacterial infections that manifest themselves through runny noses (the body’s way of flushing out harmful toxins and/or infectious bacteria). The fact that children hang out with other children (in my opinion) causes chronic runny nose and illness because they keep passing it back and forth. Further, chronic runny nose can lie in the hands of the parent who will still bring their sick child to daycare in lieu of missing out on the weekly office cocktail hour. This brings me to the most interesting and slightly unpleasant thing that I learned: snot is the same substance and comes from the same place as tears!!! As we all know kids cry ALL THE TIME. When your eyes become flooded with tears, the mucus has nowhere else to go but further down the same tube to the nose = snot nose! I don’t have to tell you there is an obvious correlation between whiney kids and snotty kids so… ding ding ding! : ) Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment