Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today I Googled STOP ALL JUNK MAIL


Google, how can I regain my sanity and stop receiving junk mail?

We are all victims. Victims of the boundless, relentless, consumer driven force that manifests itself through the corpses of 100 million trees per year right in our very own mailboxes. Okay that is a little intense but COME ON junk mail is the worst!!! Here is how you can rid some, but not all hagglers (and don’t worry the Federal Trade Commission government website says it is safe/legit AND I checked with multiple virus/scam detecting agents to confirm). To remove your name/address from all Consumer Credit Reporting Industry firm offers and credit insurance pre-approvals simply call 1-888-567-8688 and give them your name, address, and SS number (scary I know but AGAIN it is legit). This will take you off for 5 years, to rid yourself permanently you have to fill out a form and mail it in with your signature. For further information and for the permanent riddance form check out Optoutprescreen.com
I, myself, have removed my name and address and look forward to a lighter load of “here you throw this away” correspondence.

No comments:

Post a Comment