Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today I Googled Why Ohio is the Absolute Worst


Google, why is Ohio the most miserable state in the Continental US?

To even say the name makes me shudder with disdain. Maybe if I just spell it out instead: O-H-I-O, elgh still cringed. At first I thought my inherited disgust for the state of Ohio might have been merely a hasty generalization, even a misunderstanding of the inhabitants of this God forsaken state. Well apparently my speculations were not only warranted, they are in fact shared amongst… well pretty much every person who doesn’t have personal ties to Ohio. Why you may ask? (but probably not because you are more than likely included in the vast majority of Americans who accept that Ohio is a bottomless pit of despair and distaste) So if, indeed, you are already aware then let’s just reiterate (and elaborate) together: Not only is Ohio a Mecca for loud, offensive, and frankly disruptive natives it also holds a ton of “Worst state for” titles. For example, Ohio is one of the worst states for state and local income tax, to buy/own a home, to drive (due to speeding tickets, hijacking, and hitchhiker murder rates), for tornados, and GET THIS -HUMAN TRAFFICKING! : O Google confirms it ladies and gentlemen: Ohio IS the worst state AND, as a nation (and partly responsible party), I feel it is our duty to hold an intervention as to no longer enable this sort of reoccurring, unacceptable behavior. REFORM OHIO Campaign of 2011 (Go out and vote ya’ll!) ; )


2 comments:

  1. Modest Mouse even wrote a song about it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbRzq00Jdjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean I could go on and on about why it is soo terrible, but this is supposed to be a concise blog. We should do something.

    ReplyDelete