Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Today I Googled Sink Holes


Google, sink holes??!

Today I Googled Sink Holes because, frankly, I can think of nothing else lately. What a horrific notion and something I didn’t even know existed until I moved to Florida. At any given moment the ground can just collapse and we go from Seinfeld and a glass of red to BAM swallowed up by the Earth. Hey Mother Nature, that is sick. SO I have been Googleing and Youtubing and obsessing about these mind freaks for about a month and here is what I have gathered: Sink holes (or swallow holes) are depressions formed by the erosion and eventual collapse of bedrock. They can range in size from 3 feet to 2,000 feet in depth AND in diameter! Swallow holes (I like this name even better than sink hole) are most common in places that endure a rainy season and are built on top of soluble rocks like limestone…. i.e. FLORIDA.


List of things to fear in Florida:
1. Your dog being eaten by a gator
2. Yourself being eaten by the Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment