Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Today I Googled Public Swimming Pools


Google, what country has the most swimming pools?

Quick answer: United States, then England, then China. This is the technical answer to the information search.

Today my Google was to find out about the contrast in popularity of swimming pools, worldwide, but that is NOT what grabbed me in the search results. I quickly shifted my scope from MOST pools to grimiest. Did you know that China has the most crowded and DIRTIEST pools on the planet?! Chinese pools are so consistently crowded that patriots popularized a common expression for going swimming… they call it “boiling dumplings”. Their public pools are so laden with bodies the only thing left to do is stand and bob in one spot! The consequence of these overcrowded pools? The urine and fecal matter levels have been known to get as high as 96%! In fact, check out this report: “In 2008 one man died and 3,158 swimmers were critically poisoned when they swallowed the pool's water which was laced with the urine and fecal matter of 47,000 swimmers in the gigantic Mao Mao Municipal Pool in Beijing.” I can’t even finish my coffee after reading this. Just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment