Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Today I Googled Hottest Pepper in the World


Google, what is the most piquant pepper on the planet? (how is that for alliteration)

Many would say the habanera when prompted with this question, but Google knows what’s up! The Naga Jolokia pepper is twice as hot as the habanera and is subject to some pretty bizarre applications…. for a vegetable that is. This pepper is not only used in India as a stomach ailment, but is also used as a weapon on terrorists and elephants alike! In India farmers have been known to smear these spicy specimens on fences to keep wild elephants at bay, furthermore, the military uses these chilies in hand grenades as a non-lethal way to render terrorists from their hideouts (they are also working on an aerosol spray). The pepper is also used as a defense against intense summer heat (go figure?) apparently they use it to induce perspiration. There you have it… when you wanna beat the heat, just blow your top! (hahaha get it?)

1 comment:

  1. I learned today! I would like to make a hot sauce with these peppers. I bet they use them in interrogations by sticking one in someone's you-know-what and makin em talk!

    ReplyDelete