Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Today I Googled The Elephant in the Room


Google, where does the phrase “there is an elephant in the room” originate?

Elephant in the room…I mean we all know that this phrase is referring to an unspoken, blatant issue that no one has the audacity to confront… hmm… for example “Why we started bombing Iraq after 911 instead of Afghanistan” or “Why the IRS legally exists” or “Why Donald Duck wears a shirt but no pants”… but who thought up this analogy and to what were they referring? Answer: The New York Times on June 20, 1959 issued a headline reading "Financing schools has become a problem about equal to having an elephant in the living room. It's so big you just can't ignore it." Short, sweet, factual… I said GOOD DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. stupid elephant how did you get into that living room?

    ReplyDelete