Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Today I Googled Murder Rates


Google, what's the safest country in terms of homicide rates?


How many of you could REALLY recognize the country solely from the above picture? I have to be honest I sometimes forget this country even exists….. Iceland, what have you been up to over there?? We don’t hear much from or about this place and here’s why: they have only had about a handful of murders EVER! The crime rate is incredibly low and the 700 police officers that keep these streets so secure do not even carry guns. Iceland has 137 prisoners total (all of which are probably just being reprimanded for screwing up the daily Viking chant). Why so low? Well maybe because they boast the #5 spot for highest standard of living in the world, they are exceptionally well educated with a 100% literacy rate, OR the most likely catalyst for all of these extraordinary high standards: Vigdis Finnbogadottire, Iceland and the word’s first FEMALE president who was in office for fourteen years of peace, prosperity, and exceptional standard of well-being. WORD to my sistas!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) I think that is a good review from you right? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe this... the Iceland hockey coach from Mighty Ducks 2 (a.k.a. D2) was definitely a murderer

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahaha! touche' he was def a creeper... maybe he was categorized in "special victims" rather than "homicide"... he was pretty intense on those kids

    ReplyDelete