Today I Googled

This is a blog for those who don't have a lot time, well... except when it comes to reading up on trivial information. FACT: I love learning. I love random information. I love google.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today I Googled death from laughter



Google, Can you die from laughing too hard?

FACT: It is possible to die from excessive laughing.

: O

Ok this started off as kind of a joke because I just wanted to see what sort of things people would post on the subject and had no intention of putting it on my blog. But to my astonishment hyperboles like “I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die” are apparently not pleas to be taken lightly... There are, in fact, many fatal biological occurrences that can be induced my exaggerated laughter. In 1989, a Danish man died laughing while watching A Fish Called Wanda. His heart was estimated to have clocked in at about 500 beats per minute, before he succumbed to cardiac arrest. This has GOT to be the best review of Jamie Lee Curtis’s career. It appears this phenomenon goes all the way back to the third century B.C. when some Greek philosopher named Chrysippus died of laughter (probably due to asphyxiation) after giving his donkey wine and then proceeding to watch it try to eat figs. The list goes on! What?! Ok I fail to see the hilarity in both of these situations but if a sauced donkey and a low budget comedy from the late eighties can create this sort of fatal reaction I am banning myself from all future Amy Poehler endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment